The Centre for Evidence and Evaluation was established to promote evidence-informed decision making across the NSW Government. The Centre sets the standards for building evidence through the following NSW Government policies:
- TC12-19 Submission of Business Cases
- TPP 18-06 NSW Government Business Case Guidelines
- TPP 17-03 NSW Government Guide to Cost-Benefit Analysis
- TC18-03 Program evaluation
- NSW Government Evaluation Guidelines
- NSW Government Benefits Realisation Framework
- TPP 01-02 Guidelines for Pricing of User Charges
How we can help you
The Centre supports the NSW Government clusters to meet these standards by providing:
- Resources – to support evidence-building practices, including the employment calculator and evaluation workbooks and resources. We also work with clusters to develop sector-specific cost-benefit analysis guidance.
- Advice – to business units, in consultation with economic/evaluation teams, regarding the development of evidence for significant or complex NSW Government initiatives.
- Training – including cluster-specific business case, cost-benefit analysis and evaluation training. We also co-host the business case community of practice.
Enquiries can be directed to [email protected].