Follow the Dollar reform in NSW
The NSW Auditor-General proposes to carry out performance audits of non-public sector entities (NPSEs) that provide goods or services on behalf of the government, as part of NSW Treasury’s Follow the Dollar (FTD) reform.
There has been a shift from direct government service delivery to include service delivery by NPSEs through outsourcing, partnerships, grants, and contractual arrangements.
The FTD reform will deliver strong accountability and transparency over how the government uses public resources.
A public consultation on this audit will determine the design of the reform.
Read the consultation overview here.
Have your say
Have your say by Wednesday 7 September 2022.
You can submit your feedback through the survey here.
Government sector finance reform
The Government Sector Finance Act 2018 (GSF Act) implementation is under way.
This page provides information about the GSF Act and associated reform to assist agencies with their role in the successful implementation. Agencies should note that the fact sheets and other support material are a guide only and do not replace a familiarity with the legislation.
If you can’t find the information that you require or if you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Treasurer’s Directions under the GSF Act
- 12/8/22: FAQ Sheet - Financial Reporting July 2022
- 1/7/21: Example - Statement by the Accountable Authority
- 1/7/21: FAQ Sheet - GSF Act Financial reporting commencement 1 July 2021
- Updated: GSF FAQs - Reporting
- 17/11/21: Summary of Consultation Provisions in the GSF Act
- 13/05/22: GSF Act - Agency Action List Guide
- GSF Act commencement timetable
- GSF Act - Agency Action List Guide
- Summary of Consultation Provisions in the GSF Act
Last updated: 17/08/2022