We help shape a thriving, resilient and sustainable New South Wales through public service excellence. We do this through demonstrating the public service values of integrity, trust, service and accountability in all that we do.
At the centre of the NSW Government, we are the principal whole-of-government financial and economic adviser. Our main responsibilities include:
- informing budget decision-making
- managing the State’s principal financial assets and liabilities
- identifying opportunities for economic reform and improving living standards
- monitoring and forecasting the economy and state revenues
- monitoring the performance of its commercial agencies
- advising on performance and financial management policies
Your NSW Treasury career
We are diverse, bringing the best people together in an inclusive and collaborative environment which is focused on wellbeing and ongoing development. We are always on the lookout for candidates who can bring unique perspectives that reflect New South Wales communities and ensure the delivery of excellent public service for the people of our state.
Being part of the Treasury team includes you in the largest workforce in the Southern Hemisphere – the New South Wales public sector. Opportunities for career development, mobility and learning are extensive.
An employer of choice for the people of New South Wales
NSW Treasury is committed to being an employer of choice for the people of New South Wales.
At NSW Treasury we currently hold the following accreditations as a:
- a Disability Confident Recruiter with Australian Network on Disability
- a Level 1 Activate Carer Employer with Carers NSW and
- a Recognised Employer Program (REP) partner with CPA Australia.
Our accreditation as a Disability Confident Recruiter means we provide a fair and equitable recruitment process to all candidates. People with a disability can apply for our jobs without experiencing barriers.
Our accreditation as a Level 1 Activate Carer Employer recognises the start of our journey to develop carer-friendly workplace policies and practices.
Finally, as a Recognised Employer Program (REP) partner with CPA Australia this means we provide employees with access to learning and development opportunities that satisfy the experience requirements for gaining a CPA.
We have opportunities available within all of our groups:
- Policy and Budget – make a difference to the community by improving service delivery and increasing living standards for the people of New South Wales both now and into the future.
- Economic Strategy and Productivity – advise and promote sound economic policy within New South Wales and bolster the capacity of Treasury to lead economic reform and debate by advising on state, national and global economic issues, analysis, and trends.
- Commercial – implement innovative, outcome-driven approaches to NSW Government commercial policy, infrastructure, asset transactions and procurement to maximise value for money and make it easier to do business with government.
- Financial Management and Services – deliver whole-of-government accounting policy and financial reporting, streamline processes, drive staff engagement, diversity and capability, and enable collaboration.
- Office of General Counsel – provide independent strategic legal advice to the Treasurer and provide a legal lens to Treasury and whole-of-government policy initiatives.
- Office of the Secretary and Ministerial Services – provide internal support and advice, central agency leadership and engagement, and coordinate engagement and support for the Treasurer’s Office.
Explore our groups further and find your perfect fit.
Last updated: 10/01/2024