We help shape a thriving, resilient and sustainable New South Wales through public service excellence. We do this through demonstrating the public service values of integrity, trust, service and accountability in all that we do.
At the centre of the NSW Government, we are the principal whole-of-government financial and economic adviser. Our main responsibilities include:
- informing budget decision-making
- managing the State’s principal financial assets and liabilities
- identifying opportunities for economic reform and improving living standards
- monitoring and forecasting the economy and state revenues
- monitoring the performance of its commercial agencies
- advising on performance and financial management policies
- supporting the development of policy advice and implementation of programs focused on energy, climate-change mitigation and adaptation, and the transformation to a new low-cost, clean-energy economy.
We are diverse, bringing the best people together in an inclusive and collaborative environment which is focused on wellbeing and ongoing development. We are always on the lookout for candidates who can bring unique perspectives that reflect New South Wales communities and ensure the delivery of excellent public service for the people of our state.
Being part of the Treasury team includes you in the largest workforce in the Southern Hemisphere – the New South Wales public sector. Opportunities for career development, mobility and learning are extensive.
We have opportunities available within all of our groups:
- Policy and Budget – make a difference to the community by improving service delivery and increasing living standards for the people of New South Wales both now and into the future.
- Economic Strategy and Productivity – advise and promote sound economic policy within New South Wales and bolster the capacity of Treasury to lead economic reform and debate by advising on state, national and global economic issues, analysis, and trends.
- Commercial – implement innovative, outcome-driven approaches to NSW Government commercial policy, infrastructure, asset transactions and procurement to maximise value for money and make it easier to do business with government.
- Office of Energy and Climate Change – drive the State’s sustainable transition to a thriving, climate resilient and net zero emissions economy, powered by affordable, reliable and clean energy.
- Financial Frameworks and Operations – deliver whole-of-government accounting policy and financial reporting, streamline processes, drive staff engagement, diversity and capability, and enable collaboration.
- Office of General Counsel – provide independent strategic legal advice to the Treasurer and provide a legal lens to Treasury and whole-of-government policy initiatives.
- Office of the Secretary – provide internal support and advice, central agency leadership and engagement, and coordinate engagement and support for the Treasurer’s Office.
Explore our groups further and find your perfect fit.
Note: Recruitment for Office of Energy and Climate Change Group is managed by the Department of Planning and Environment in partnership with NSW Treasury.