The sources of revenue that help fund NSW Government services are:
- state taxes and royalties
- funding from the Commonwealth Government
- revenue from the sale of goods and services by government agencies
- dividends and taxes from government owned businesses
- fines, fees and regulatory charges, and interest income.
State taxation and royalties and Commonwealth funding account for around 38.6 per cent of total revenue. Revenue from the sales of goods and services accounts for around 11.6 per cent of the total. The shares for 2020-21 projected in the 2020-21 NSW Budget are shown in the following chart: