WestInvest is a commitment by the NSW Government to invest $5 billion to help secure a brighter future for western and south-western Sydney families and residents, helping build new and improved facilities and local infrastructure to help communities hit hard by COVID-19.
Supporting medium-term economic recovery
The first stage of the NSW Government’s economic recovery strategy, WestInvest will support medium-term economic recovery and make a real difference to quality of life for the people and communities of Western Sydney through economic, social, and green infrastructure projects of all scales.
Funding will be made available for projects in the following areas:
- Parks, urban spaces and green space;
- Enhancing community infrastructure such as local sporting grounds;
- Modernising local schools;
- Creating and enhancing arts and cultural facilities;
- Revitalising high-streets;
- Clearing local traffic.
WestInvest projects assessment
Details of consultation, eligibility criteria, assessment processes, and governance arrangements will be available shortly.
This will include a requirement that projects:
- Be located in eligible areas for the benefit of people and communities of those areas.
- Meet NSW Government business case, evidence and assurance requirements, including specification of metrics against which success will be measured and completion of post evaluations.
Local Government Areas eligible for WestInvest
The following 15 LGAs are eligible for WestInvest support:
- Blue Mountains