The NSW Government will spend a record $1.1 billion on Indigenous-specific programs, services and initiatives this financial year to improve outcomes for First Nations people, as it becomes the first state to publish an interim Indigenous Expenditure Report (IER).
The largest Clusters of Indigenous-specific spend in 2021-22 are:
- Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster ($373.0 million)
- Stronger Communities Cluster ($243.2 million)
- Education Cluster ($194.0 million)
- Health Cluster ($109.0 million).
The largest spend categories are:
- infrastructure with $316.6 million in 2021-22, an increase of $87.2 million
- crisis services with $151.0 million in 2021-22, a decrease of $8.7 million
- education with $140.4 million in 2021-22, an increase of $10.1 million.