NSW Treasury manages major government asset transactions with the private sector and their relationship with public policy and regulation.
Its Commercial Transactions Unit’s responsibilities include:
- Scoping studies
- Managing the execution of transactions, ensuring that transactions proceed within the terms approved by Cabinet and are consistent with related Government policy and statements
- Excellence in project delivery, in accordance with appropriate probity and accountability standards
- Delivering the best financial and risk outcomes for the State, including credit rating outcomes
- Ensuring appropriate governance and structures are maintained and effective
- Identifying and planning for down-stream issues for government including residual liabilities and entities, changed agency roles and further reform options
- Protecting the value of the State’s Retained Interest
- Facilitating good public policy and regulatory outcomes
Read about current projects and past projects.