Treasury’s Infrastructure and Structured Finance Unit (ISFU) is the first point of contact in NSW for PPPs, potential PPPs and major structured financing transactions that may involve the private sector.
The ISFU specialises in providing commercial and financial advice to Government on procuring service enabling infrastructure with a capital cost over $100 million across all sectors and agencies. The ISFU supports the Premier’s priority of building infrastructure.
The ISFU works closely with agencies throughout the procurement phase, from strategic business case development, through contract execution and financial close, to post-contract close matters.
The ISFU is responsible for:
- NSW PPP Guidelines (TPP17-07) and ensuring that all PPP projects in NSW comply with the requirements of these Guidelines
- promoting and ensuring best practice PPP procurement processes
- maintaining expert capability in outcomes-based and PPP procurement for agencies to draw on
- supporting government agencies with all aspects of planning, procuring and managing PPP contracts
- advising agencies when they are negotiating or agreeing material contractual or commercial changes to existing PPP Projects - as requried by TC15-16
- supporting the development of outcomes-based procurement capability (including capturing lessons learnt) across the sector
- representing Treasury on governance committees for PPP or other complex infrastructure initiatives over $100 million
- reporting to the Treasurer and Cabinet on the procurement of PPP projects across the sector.
The Infrastructure and Structured Finance Unit can be contacted by email email@example.com